Meaning- expressing the relationship between a part and a whole.
- She was the youngest member of the family.
- Rachel was given the smallest piece of the cake.
- Harry joined as the CEO of the company yesterday only.
Meaning- At a point within an area.
- We live together in the city of nawabs- “ Lucknow”.
- There are many outlets open in the nearby shopping complex.
- The dishes are to be kept in the kitchen itself.
Meaning- in the direct of.
- Chandler went to the market to bring groceries.
- Feebie was going to her room when she slipped and fell.
- The flight was going from Mumbai to Goa.
Meaning- what is intended.
- Robert was supposed to bring a ring for Emily.
- One can never be successful in wrong intentions for an innocent and a true person.
- This bouquet is for Emma.
Meaning- having or possessing or accompanied by.
- There were many other people involved with the terrorist.
- A person with short temper can never deal with difficult situations of life.
- The girl with the red hood was a brave one.
Meaning- in a position touching the surface, a day or date.
- John got a job offer on the eve of Christmas.
- She was supposed to keep the books on the table.
- She was punished to stand on her desk the whole day.
Meaning- to define a point or a place, specifically not a city or a country.
- Her birthday was celebrated at the Rose Café in Delhi.
- Monica went to on a blind date at the Coffee House nearby.
Meaning- where something starts or originates.
- She is coming straight from South Korea.
- River Ganga originates from the Yamnotri glacier.
Meaning- near, at the side of, credit of work
- The palace is situated by the lake in Udaipur.
- I always found you by my side during the tough times.
- The whole exhibition was managed by Mr. Williams.
Meaning- concerning, in regard to
- He knew everything about London.
- I need to investigate about his activities before taking any decision.
Meaning- purpose of a person or thing, reason.
- He represented himself as the highest authority of the firm.
- Jack was upset as he couldn’t win the final race.
Meaning- enter a closed space.
- He got scared as he entered into the dark woods.
- He got stuck into the tunnel in water park.
Meaning- having the same characteristics, similar to.
- He had the same face cut like that of his father.
- None can finish plumbing work like Tom did.
Meaning- from one side to the other.
- They went through the woods to reach the main site of camping.
- Sally had to go through a lot to finally achieve success.
Meaning- in the time following.
- They had to leave for camping after they did rafting in Rishikesh.
- Ben quit his job after one week.
Meaning- extending directly upwards from, a higher rank
- The pelican flew over the vast ocean.
- He loved to sit over the rooftop when he needed peace.
Meaning- in the space separating two things.
- There is always a thin line between love and friendship which needs to be understood.
- She kept her concert tickets between the pages of her favorite book.
Meaning- in opposition to, in contact to.
- Charlie was so strong that no one stood against him in wrestling.
Meaning- in a circle,near, approximate .
- We went around the Connaught Place Circle to reach our destination.
- The whole function would cost around one crore.
Meaning- surrounded by
- The thief was hidden among the audience.
Meaning- beneath, below
- There was a strange soothing feeling while lying under the stars at night.
- Peter always felt like there was a ghost under his bed.
Meaning- earlier than, in front of
- The metro left before the scheduled time.
- The church was built before the temple in the same locality.
Meaning- on the inner part of
- The cat is inside the house.
- There are chocolates inside my purse.
- Heer demanded to stay in a hotel close to the beach.
Meaning- in the absence of
- Hemant would go nowhere without his mother.
- Sarita never lets a day go without going to the gym.