1. You need to relax and take as much time as you need to think about the matter.
i. Calm up ii. Calm into iii. Calm down iv. Calm on
2. I have had a huge crush on a girl in my class but I always hesitate to invite her.
i. Ask on ii. Ask in iii. Ask out iv. Ask up
3. There was a report from the bank about the robbery. Few men entered forcibly into the bank.
i. Break down ii. Break up iii. Break on iv. Break in
4. I was invited to a huge party and I wanted to look nicely.
i. Dress up ii. Dress down iii. Dress down iv. Dress at
5. I was not in the normal condition to visit to my friend’s place.
i. Go over ii. Go into Go on iv. Go at
6. You should be careful about the thieves and robbery in this area
i. Look out for ii. Look in for iii. Look from iv. Look on
7. I was surprised to see my friend working such horrible conditions.
i. Taken on ii. Taken aback iii. Taken from iv. Took it
8. I told my friend my to wait for a while until I finish the work, then I’ll talk to him.
i. Hang on ii. Hold on iii. Hold back iv. Hang in
9. You should grab on to something stable when you’re climbing uphill.
i. Hold in ii. Hold back iii. Hang in iv. Hold on
10. We should always roam around with friends after a long hectic week. It refreshes us.
i. Hang on ii. Hang out iii. Hang with iv. Hold on
- Calm down
- Ask out
- Break in
- Dress up
- Go over
- Look out for
- Taken aback
- Hang on
- Hold on
- Hang out