How to use "abolition" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "abolition" in popular movie and book plots
- He is seeking the abolition of the decree to expel Chechens, but his heroic efforts to save the village are futile. - Eliso
- Starting in Vicksburg, Mississippi preceding the abolition of slavery, The Yellow Chief begins on the plantation of the Blackadder family. - The Yellow Chief: A Romance of the Rocky Mountains
- From a passive spinster, she becomes a fighter for women’s rights, advocating freedom, a more modern society and abolition of harems…. - Balkan Is Not Dead
- The film takes place in Diamantina, Minas Gerais in the period following the abolition of slavery in Brazil. - Vida de Menina
- A TV news program does a segment on Terminal Island, an off-shore island established after the abolition of the death penalty. - Terminal Island (film)
- His reforms include the abolition of censorship, the abolition of torture, and reducing the power of the aristocracy. - A Royal Affair
- Books Six and Seven focus on the struggle to define the role of abolition in the quest to put down the Confederate rebellion. - Freedom (William Safire novel)
- Returning to the United States, Ewing and his wife Tilda denounce her father's complicity in slavery and leave to join the abolition movement. - Cloud Atlas (film)
- Professor Liam Ó Briain contrasts Ireland with Britain where he sees the complete loss of faith, moral values and the abolition of "sin". - Rocky Road to Dublin (film)
- They include the abolition of Parliament, the courts and the monarchy, and radical reforms to alleviate poverty. - Power to the People (Yes, Prime Minister)
- He is released early due to the abolition of apartheid. - Catch a Fire (film)
- Time runs on and historical events unfold, such as the abolition of the slave trade in the British Empire in 1807. - Song of Freedom
- Walker convinces Dolores to recognize the new regime and to surrender his arms, in exchange for the abolition of slavery. - Burn!
- In Richmond, the Confederate Congress narrowly passes President Lee's gradual abolition bill. - The Guns of the South
Meaning of "abolition" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "abolition" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "abolition" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "abolition"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word abolition below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.