How to use "accord" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "accord" in popular movie and book plots
- When she touches it, it supernaturally lights up of its own accord and the swastika magically transforms into a Star of David. - A Kitten for Hitler
- He also revealed that he comes to New Krypton to deliver a formal protest due to their establishment of diplomatic accord with Thanagar. - Superman: World of New Krypton
- Where they, unencumbered by minor opposition, were married in accord with the customs of both groups. - Legacy (Bujold novel)
- Accompanying Fumika is her talking staff Kanaka which can also float of its own accord and likes to be treated as if "she" were a human. - Shigofumi: Letters from the Departed
- Grandpa Sorenson finally resolves that Coulter was not acting of his own accord because his plan was so clumsy. - Fablehaven: Rise of the Evening Star
- Tom retreats down the street, with the bone following him on its own accord and Spike following. - The Framed Cat
- The FBI is unhappy that Reacher has killed one of their agents, murderess or not, but an accord is eventually reached. - The Visitor (Child novel)
- more and more, with the various members of the family meeting violent deaths that accord with their professional sins. - What a Carve Up! (novel)
- The broom was rushing around the room sweeping the floor of its own accord and the quern was grinding the corn without human assistance. - Yallery Brown
- That night, Carmen defrosts of her own accord and turns out to be in an advanced state of decomposition, and she sneaks into Lister's bed. - Epideme
- In Cairo, the Race reaches an accord with the human powers. - Worldwar: Striking the Balance
- The player begins to win races against the Stacked Deck, and gets his chance to beat Darius for control of Palmont and to accord justice. - Need for Speed: Carbon
- Various items in the room move of their own accord and the scarf Eileen is wearing tightens and strangles her to death. - Tourist Trap (film)
- The young women fail to accord him the respect he thinks he deserves, and he and Reg leave. - This Happy Breed
- As Ben and Polly hammer on the door, the controls operate of their own accord and the central column begins to rise and fall. - The Tenth Planet
- Given a story to enact that puts them in accord with the world, they will live in accord with the world. - Ishmael (novel)
Meaning of "accord" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "accord" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "accord" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "accord"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word accord below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.