How to use "adage" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "adage" in popular movie and book plots
- Starting with the old adage "Once there was a little girl. - Sleep Like a Tiger
- Bees are seen as they go about the non-stop business of pollination, giving adage to the saying "busy as a bee". - Secrets of Life
- He believes in the adage of life is short and carpe diem. - Oye! (film)
- George (George O'Brien) is a sailor and smooth-talking lady's man who believes in the adage "love 'em and leave 'em" when it comes to women. - Sharp Shooters
- Frequently mentioned is the adage that war is 99% waiting. - The Fighting Lady
- Avon refuses to be afraid of the prison time offering his old adage that he will serve two days, the day he goes in and the day he gets out. - Mission Accomplished (The Wire)
- Back in the interrogation room, the Janitor recalls an adage that "only the dead tell the truth". - See What I Wanna See
- The parting adage is "you're old only when you forget you're young". - Monkey Business (1952 film)
Meaning of "adage" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "adage" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "adage" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "adage"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word adage below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.