How to use "adept" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "adept" in popular movie and book plots
- He proves extremely adept at the martial arts, and carries the fight to its final conclusion. - New Fist of Fury
- Morlant tells her that he is an immortal adept and demands the return of his secret diary. - The Ghoul (1933 film)
- He ends up making the acquaintance of a young girl named Ohri, who turns out to be quite adept in magic. - Gestalt (manga)
- The Nomads are quickly subdued by Wooshin, an adept warrior. - Saint Leibowitz and the Wild Horse Woman
- Homer finds that he is lonely, and not adept at taking care of Maggie. - Homer Alone
- Mark soon realizes that Mitchell is an adept in mathematics and became a bully for having been a misfit. - The Rivers of Zadaa
- Lisa becomes adept at choosing winners of football games, and Homer declares every Sunday during football season Daddy-Daughter Day. - Lisa the Greek
- Dane is adept at jiu jitsu, firearms, and wisecracks that she uses on anyone who tangles with her. - Malaga (1954 film)
- Flay lives in the mountains, making two caves and a shed for himself - living in seclusion but adept as a naturalist. - Titus Groan
- The stranger proves adept at roping horses, as well as facing down a gambler, Trampas, who calls him a sonofabitch. - The Virginian (novel)
- Two wings sprout from Aunt Rivette's back, causing her to panic at first, but she soon becomes very adept at using them. - Queen Zixi of Ix
- Skeffington is a veteran and adept "machine" politician, and probably corrupt as well. - The Last Hurrah
- The German's real associates then arrive at the cantina, proving themselves adept with their pistols. - Three Amigos
- Picard, now adept at the instrument, plays the melody he learned during his life as Kamin. - The Inner Light (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- Ruby is a young woman who has lived a hard-scrabble life and is adept at the tasks needed to run the farm. - Cold Mountain (film)
- Four years later, Chuck has adapted to the meager living conditions on the island, having become adept at spearing fish and making fires. - Cast Away
Meaning of "adept" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "adept" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "adept" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "adept"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word adept below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.