How to use "adequate" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "adequate" in popular movie and book plots
- It would place all of his copyrights into the public domain, supposedly leaving his family without adequate support. - The Last Station
- Bob, realizing that there is no adequate shelter available, advises the group to make a run for it in their vehicles. - Night of the Twisters (film)
- He proves to be adequate for his day-to-day living but cannot fulfill his deep desire for revenge. - Mystery of Chessboxing
- To her social position and material prosperity seem to be an adequate guarantee for a happy future. - Frau Jenny Treibel
- Although Kinsley finds it ridiculous, Mulder believes that centuries of seclusion could be adequate for such drastic adaptations to happen. - Detour (The X-Files)
- If the military needed wool or cotton to make uniforms, wood could provide adequate clothing substitutes. - Wood for War
- Wolfe is hired to exonerate the suspect, but finds that no one else has either an adequate motive or the requisite opportunity. - Gambit (novel)
- Unable to find an adequate jockey, Don (having entered the race from the "Pepperidge Farm" Stables) will be ridden by an inexperienced Chaney. - Hot to Trot
- Composer Giacomo Carissimi is directed by Cardinal Mazarini (Mazarin) to visit Grantville, and finally obtains adequate funds. - Grantville Gazette II
- He has been using Carter and his multiples to procure the children so he will have an adequate control group to study the development of MPD. - Raising Cain
- Everett falls out with his bosses and is fired on the spot, but he points out that his contract entitles him to adequate notice. - True Crime (1999 film)
- There, the organic material considered adequate is selected as food for pigs. - Isle of Flowers
- Butters is delighted by this offer and gladly accepts it, while Stan believes that it isn't adequate payback. - My Future Self 'n' Me
- Again, he is not in love with Paul but with his boyhood pal, but he considers Paul adequate for the time being. - The City and the Pillar
- Frank develops typhoid fever and is taken to hospital, where for the first time he has adequate food and warmth. - Angela's Ashes
- A social worker named Cobra Bubbles expresses increasing concern that Nani has not been able to take adequate care of Lilo. - Lilo & Stitch
Meaning of "adequate" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "adequate" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "adequate" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "adequate"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word adequate below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.