How to use "affliction" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "affliction" in popular movie and book plots
- The initial voice-over also narrates a cancer affliction that has grown beyond hope. - A Perfect Ending
- Although her reign continued after his death, she suffered from the same affliction and died. - Story of Evil
- James and two of the others are healed of their affliction by the morphing power, but many more still remain disabled. - The Ultimate (novel)
- It was a placebo, and Sardonicus' affliction was only psychosomatic. - Mr. Sardonicus
- At last, Yan frees her true self to Dong and he fades away gradually as they both defeat the affliction within their hearts. - Linger (film)
- His affliction is manifested in a rare nerve condition, which renders him hypersensitive. - The House of Usher (film)
- He started studying law, then switched to science, where he did well until a mysterious psychosomatic affliction stopped him cold. - Be My Guest (short story)
- Mace sails with him along the coast to a place where a special plant grows that will cure his affliction from the poisoned arrow. - Conquest (1983 film)
- His relatives placed him in an asylum, but his doctors decided his affliction did not demand confinement. - Egotism; or, The Bosom-Serpent
- The two men have a sexual affliction in common; they are impotent except when performing acts of violence. - The Mad Goblin
- Maling is afflicted with an unusual medical affliction which his doctors label "borborygmi" and his friends label "tummy rumbles". - Alas, Poor Maling
- They discover a log that mentions their perceived affliction with plague. - Nosferatu the Vampyre
- Vickie thinks it is just pre-wedding jitters, but his affliction could get them both fired. - Haunted Honeymoon
- This last affliction he releases into Percy, who under its influence shoots another prisoner, mass murderer William Wharton, dead. - The Green Mile (film)
- Suddenly an audience member yells: She is stricken with a nervous affliction and dies tragically some weeks later. - Trilby (novel)
- Her affliction has caused her to become very physically weak, and she is almost always absent from school because of it. - Kanon (visual novel)
Meaning of "affliction" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "affliction" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "affliction" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "affliction"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word affliction below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.