How to use "afford" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "afford" in popular movie and book plots
- Ambitious high school senior Matthew Kidman (Emile Hirsch) has been accepted to Georgetown University, but cannot afford the tuition. - The Girl Next Door (2004 film)
- Soon she finds out she is pregnant, but she can barely afford to raise another child. - Blood Brothers (musical)
- Tony intervenes because he cannot afford to lose face by allowing one of his players to be harmed and sends Richie home. - Richie Aprile
- Questioning how he was able to afford it, Andie tells him that she knows he has been lying about going to a full-time job. - Pretty in Pink
- In order to afford plane tickets to Rome to search for Mieke, Jamie sells his precious Leica M7 camera. - EuroTrip
- Having only been able to afford to live at the YMCA, Jack quickly accepts the offer to move in with the duo. - Three's Company
- Meanwhile, Neville realizes he can no longer afford the search for Molly and Daisy and decides to suspend the pursuit. - Rabbit-Proof Fence (film)
- Kevin realizes a problem and worked out that they can only afford the house if they have a fifth member to work along with them. - American Pie 2
- They are both religious and working class and during their student years cannot afford more than the bare necessities of life. - The History Man
- He cannot afford this, but Nathan gets the money out of his savings. - The Full Monty
- He begins to pressure her to sell the farm as he doesn't see how she can afford to make the loan payments on her own let alone run the farm. - Places in the Heart
- Due to its loss of the American Civil War, the South cannot afford Dunson's beef. - Red River (1948 film)
- He cannot afford to buy food, and bills that he is unable to pay are constantly slipped under his door. - The Life and Death of 9413: a Hollywood Extra
- The Kaufmans will be able to afford two nannies, so they will not have any problems combining their careers and their family life. - Just Like That (novel)
- He cannot afford the care that his mother is receiving so he resorts to being a con man. - Choke (novel)
- To afford to do that they will need to. - Farscape
Meaning of "afford" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "afford" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "afford" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "afford"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word afford below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.