How to use "aghast" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "aghast" in popular movie and book plots
- Hank brings Cordelia to the podium, where she stands aghast while Barney opens the bidding for her lovely seer's eyes at $2,000. - Parting Gifts
- When Ramona informs Viridiana that Don Jaime wants to marry her, she is aghast and Don Jaime seems to drop the idea. - Viridiana
- Xander, aghast that Buffy could have been involved with Spike, storms out of an argument with Buffy. - Seeing Red (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
- After taking the ferry from England to Northern Ireland, Porter is aghast when he discovers how isolated the station is. - Oh, Mr Porter!
- Among the spectators standing aghast at the sight, only Hilda comes forward as if in silent triumph. - The Master Builder
- The old miser seems utterly aghast at the possibility that it might be a kidnapping whose object would be to extort his wealth. - The Adventure of the Missing Three-Quarter
- Settling into his new job, Grimes is amazed and aghast at Homer's bad manners and general irresponsibility. - Homer's Enemy
- Back in Britain, Davis tells a fellow officer who is aghast at the losses, "You can't kill a squadron". - 633 Squadron
- Munna's father and mother, aghast and later heartbroken, leave for their village. - Munna Bhai M.B.B.S.
- Greene is ultimately happy for Ross, but Weaver is aghast and rallies against his new position. - Doug Ross
- Frankenstein agrees and builds a female creature, but, aghast at the possibility of creating a race of monsters, destroys his experiment. - Frankenstein's monster
- Decker had evacuated his crew to one of the planets of the star system, but was aghast when the machine destroyed it. - The Doomsday Machine (Star Trek: The Original Series)
- He finally finds a shadow with the Courts' sky, but is aghast to discover that the Courts still lie across a huge wasteland. - The Courts of Chaos
- Once there, she is aghast to see a newspaper headline revealing her own murder as the Ripper's fifth victim. - Time After Time (1979 film)
- Esther is also aghast because they will miss the World's Fair. - Meet Me in St. Louis
- Elizabeth is aghast at such pragmatism in matters of love. - Pride and Prejudice
Meaning of "aghast" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "aghast" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "aghast" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "aghast"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word aghast below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.