How to use "ahead" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "ahead" in popular movie and book plots
- Merlin arrives at st Anne's ahead of his pursuers, where he and Ransom converse in broken Latin. - That Hideous Strength
- Aribeth goes ahead to Luskan, and the PC follows after speaking once more to Gend. - Neverwinter Nights
- Renewed, Eva readies herself to forge down the rocky road to stardom ahead of her. - Morning Glory (1933 film)
- Jack learns that part of the freeway ahead is incomplete but persuades Annie to accelerate the bus and jump the gap. - Speed (1994 film)
- The next day, Hannay manages to stay ahead of the pursuers, and hides in a cottage occupied by an elderly man. - The Thirty-Nine Steps
- When the engineer refuses to stop the train, she rides ahead and stands on the track. - Love Me Tonight
- The next day, he tells her that he was shocked and feels entitled to an explanation before going ahead with the wedding. - The Philadelphia Story (film)
- He flies out with the last few evacuees, just ahead of armed revolutionaries. - Lost Horizon (1937 film)
- Gifford was already in Walsingham's employ by the time Savage was going ahead with the plot, according to Conyers Read. - Babington Plot
- Lawrence's men take Damascus ahead of Allenby's forces. - Lawrence of Arabia (film)
- They dock two days ahead of schedule. - Around the World in Eighty Days
- Later, with the help of Selene (Lanfear in disguise), they return to their own world, ahead of Fain's and Ingtar's groups. - The Great Hunt
- The novel is set in a future a few decades ahead of the 1960s, when it was written. - The Wanderer (Leiber novel)
- Ignoring her heart, Mary persuades Fran to go ahead with the wedding. - The Wedding Planner
- He reattaches the levers before he travels further ahead to roughly 30 million years from his own time. - The Time Machine
- Jeffrey and Sandy now go ahead with their relationship and note the unusual appearance of robins in their town. - Blue Velvet (film)
Meaning of "ahead" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "ahead" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "ahead" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "ahead"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word ahead below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.