How to use "along" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "along" in popular movie and book plots
- Higgins sees himself as a kindhearted, patient man who cannot get along with women ("I'm an Ordinary Man"). - My Fair Lady
- Pap forcibly moves Huck to his isolated cabin in the woods along the Illinois shoreline. - Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- The two previous games in the series documented the liberation of two other worlds, along with the death of their Serpent Rider overlords. - Hexen II
- Marlow watches a beautiful native woman walk in measured steps along the shore and stop next to the steamer. - Heart of Darkness
- More gunpowder was brought into the room, along with firewood to conceal it. - Guy Fawkes
- Godzilla proceeds towards Tokyo's business district, wreaking havoc along the way. - The Return of Godzilla
- Giles by contrast clearly recognises the danger, and resents being sent along to face it. - Farmer Giles of Ham
- Undeterred, Montag makes a subway trip to Faber's home along with a rare copy of the Bible, the book he stole at the woman's house. - Fahrenheit 451
- They enlist the help of locals Jake and Bobby Joe to guide them along an alternate trail to the cabin. - Evil Dead II
- As soon as it was granted to him, he sold it, along with two other manors, and sank some £3,000 into Frobisher's third expedition. - Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford
- The next morning, Robert Tisdall (Derrick De Marney) happens to be walking along the seaside when Christine's dead body washes ashore. - Young and Innocent
- The Padishah Emperor Shaddam IV decides to intervene himself and arrives on Arrakis along with legions of Sardaukar forces. - Vladimir Harkonnen
- mr Bascombe, owner of the mill, happens by along with a policeman, and offers to escort Julie to her home, but she refuses and is fired. - Carousel (musical)
- Riding out of town, he finds Jim (finishing his popcorn), and invites him along to "nowhere special". - Blazing Saddles
- Together they flee, along with Margaret Cameron. - The Birth of a Nation
- He is enslaved along with the captured Henry, his gun and chainsaw confiscated, and is taken to a castle. - Army of Darkness
Meaning of "along" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "along" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "along" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "along"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word along below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.