How to use "annual" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "annual" in popular movie and book plots
- In July 1984 at the annual Derry carnival, three youths brutally attack a young gay man named Adrian Mellon and throw him off a bridge. - It (novel)
- The average annual temperature has fallen four degrees. - The Futurological Congress
- Their rivalry comes to a head during Springfield Elementary's annual diorama building competition. - Lisa's Rival
- The annual car race provides the occasion for Titta to daydream of winning the grand prize, Gradisca. - Amarcord
- He commits another transgression by thinking constantly of her, instead of waiting to be assigned a woman at the annual Time of Mating. - Anthem (novella)
- Burns and Smithers take a train back to Springfield after attending the annual Harvard-Yale football game. - Burns, Baby Burns
- At Bushwood's annual Fourth of July banquet, Danny and his girlfriend Maggie work as servers. - Caddyshack
- With the annual Ceremony of Twelve upcoming, he is nervous, for there he will be assigned his life's work. - The Giver
- Jonesy, Beaver, Henry and Pete reunite for their annual hunting trip at the Hole-in-the-Wall, an isolated lodge in the Jefferson Tract. - Dreamcatcher (novel)
- One hundred teenage boys participate in an annual walking contest called "The Long Walk" or just "The Walk". - The Long Walk
- Traditionally, "Walpurgisnacht" is the name of an annual witches' meeting (satiric in the context of the play). - Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
- Blackie, distraught about the future of his club, ends up at the city's annual Chickens Ball. - San Francisco (1936 film)
- They will reveal who is who only after returning from the annual family camping trip. - The Parent Trap (1961 film)
- Barbra (Judith O'Dea) and Johnny Blair (Russell Streiner) drive to rural Pennsylvania for an annual visit to their father's grave. - Night of the Living Dead
- Capek has been experimenting with nanotechnology, and the Plague is a side-effect of injections at the miners' annual medical checkup. - Red Faction (video game)
- The only part of a 'dragon' they know is the annual celebratory dragon-tail cake. - Farmer Giles of Ham
Meaning of "annual" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "annual" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "annual" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "annual"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word annual below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.