How to use "anticipate" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "anticipate" in popular movie and book plots
- What Haghi does not anticipate is that the couple will fall in love. - Spione
- Steph does not anticipate Lauren's anger at her sudden rise in popularity, or Jason's confusion and shock at her behavior. - How to Be Popular
- They also did not anticipate such heavy resistance from the humans, whom they thought were driven to extinction by the Tiberium. - Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
- Her stepfather Okonkwo, who has ambitions of being made a chief, begins to anticipate a large bride price for her. - The Bride Price
- The soldiers anticipate attack from outside and on the island and take all sorts of inept precautions. - Mediterraneo
- The farmers set up an ambush, but Fox and the others anticipate it and launch a counterattack. - Fantastic Mr. Fox (film)
- During the night he attempts to assassinate his target but does not succeed when the distrustful rebels anticipate his actions. - Red Scorpion
- The writers of the series did not anticipate that the BBC would cancel the programme at the end of the third series. - The House of Eliott
- Creatures like us that can anticipate possible futures and make contingency plans have an evolutionary advantage. - Possible Worlds (play)
- Nor does he anticipate her becoming a sexual tigress who seduces every female she encounters, including even Marty's own secretary. - The Sex Monster
- However, the reporters on-scene anticipate his acquittal. - The Boondock Saints
- The inhabitants of Boulder anxiously anticipate the birth of a baby by Stu's love interest, Frances Goldsmith. - The Stand
- Due to a KGB mole, the Soviets anticipate Kelly's arrival and the mission is disastrously compromised. - Without Remorse
- The men, both at personal low points, treat the matter as one of honour; they exchange names and anticipate a duel. - Master and Commander
- Marge reassures Norm that lots of people use 3-cent stamps; the two happily anticipate the birth of their child in two months. - Fargo (film)
- She seems to anticipate Margo's every need, including placing a long distance phone call to Bill when Margo forgets his birthday. - All About Eve
Meaning of "anticipate" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "anticipate" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "anticipate" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "anticipate"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word anticipate below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.