How to use "appoint" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "appoint" in popular movie and book plots
- Since he is now to leave the squadron, he has to appoint a successor. - Flying Leathernecks
- However, Merlin's knowledge of future history causes confusion, prompting Merlin to appoint Archimedes as Arthur's teacher. - The Sword in the Stone (film)
- When he finally catches up with them, they appoint him as their road manager. - Leningrad Cowboys Go America
- Larch also later made fake credentials for Homer in order to convince the board overseeing the orphanage to appoint him as the next director. - The Cider House Rules (film)
- If either one wins, he agrees to appoint the other his chief of police. - Shuffle Along
- They deny that they want children to smoke, and appoint Peter as President of the company. - Mr. Griffin Goes to Washington
- The EC leadership discuss the attacks and appoint the union's Durandal military research unit to lead the probe. - Front Mission 4
- Miss Bulstrode is nearing retirement, and is deciding whom to appoint as her successor. - Cat Among the Pigeons
- Finally the jurors go to the jury room for deliberation and appoint Tommy as their foreman. - Jury Duty (film)
- Upset at Takua's dodging of responsibility, Jaller has the Turaga appoint Takua as his traveling companion. - Bionicle Chronicles
- The two countries appoint Lee and his former opponent Ulysses Grant to supervise these elections to ensure fairness. - The Guns of the South
- So the general asks Richard to appoint a king for the Keltons and he responds by choosing Kahlan as Queen of Kelton. - Blood of the Fold
- The Ska wish King Gax to appoint a Ska successor to his throne, in return for which the Ska promise amnesty for the inhabitants of Xounges. - Lyonesse Trilogy
- Emperor Cleon I wants to appoint Hari Seldon as the First Minister of the Galactic Empire. - Foundation's Fear
- Ancient Burgundian law requires that the Duke himself appoint a council. - Passport to Pimlico
- Local IRA thugs appoint themselves "kings of old", and others recreate ancient Celtic pagan religions centered on the rowan tree. - The White Plague
Meaning of "appoint" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "appoint" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "appoint" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "appoint"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word appoint below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.