How to use "as" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "as" in popular movie and book plots
- As the story progresses, cut scenes show the Dark Wanderer's journey as a drifter named Marius follows him. - Diablo II
- Doraemon has a pocket from which he produces items known as "gadgets", which range from toy and medicines, to technology from the future. - Doraemon
- Billy returns for Julie as the departing Carrie warns that staying out late means the loss of Julie's job. - Carousel (musical)
- But Liddell sees running as a way of glorifying God before returning to China to work as a missionary. - Chariots of Fire
- Mu Bai and Shu Lien trace the theft to Governor Yu's compound and learn that Jade Fox has been posing as Jen's governess for many years. - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- She arrives dressed as a bride, summoned through telepathy. - Bride of the Monster
- The story recounts the beginning of Bruce Wayne's career as Batman and Jim Gordon's with the Gotham City Police Department. - Batman: Year One
- She proposes a project that could help the environment, but Bruce declines her offer, as it would kill millions of people. - Batman & Robin (film)
- His crib floats to an abandoned zoo and is found by a flock of penguins who raise him as one of their own. - Batman Returns
- High school senior Buffy Summers (Kristy Swanson) is introduced as a stereotypical, shallow cheerleader at Hemery High School in Los Angeles. - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (film)
- There he meets Elsie Stoneman, whose picture he has been carrying; she is working there as a nurse. - The Birth of a Nation
- After demanding Henry and his men be set free, as he knew it was a witch hunt, and killing a Deadite publicly, Ash is celebrated as a hero. - Army of Darkness
- Remarque often refers to the living soldiers as old and dead, emotionally drained and shaken. - All Quiet on the Western Front
- The expedition's facility, High Lab, is gradually compromised by a dormant superintelligence within the archive later known as the Blight. - A Fire Upon the Deep
- This version also appears in Callimachus' Fifth Hymn, as a mythical parallel to the blinding of Tiresias after he sees Athena bathing. - Actaeon
- However, as more and more deaths quickly ensue, it becomes apparent that there is an epidemic. - The Plague
Meaning of "as" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "as" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "as" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "as"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word as below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.