How to use "assertive" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "assertive" in popular movie and book plots
- He has an alter-ego that is more assertive and advises him on how to live life. - Karthik Calling Karthik
- Rina is portrayed as a sexually assertive gold-digger and expert manipulator of men, but she can't get the best of Jonas. - The Carpetbaggers (film)
- Despite a newly assertive Celia taking her place as Harry's wife and Lady of Wideacre, Beatrice secures her hold over her brother. - Wideacre
- Three liberated, assertive women move into town, which angers the bigoted, male-dominated town fathers. - The Devonsville Terror
- Aishwarya transforms Abhishek by her assertive and fun-loving nature. - Aishwarya (film)
- On the contrary, she is bold, active, independent and assertive in nature. - Kanda Naal Mudhal
- Badger also blames himself, but becomes more assertive after the crisis, ending the dissent. - The Animals of Farthing Wood (book)
- Chambers plays the rich, happy and assertive fashion model Sandra Chase, whose sexual appetite is – per the title – insatiable. - Insatiable (film)
- She warms to Chappani, making him more confident and assertive and grooming him and his manners, to the surprise of many in the village. - 16 Vayathinile
- Michael, a shy, socially awkward doormat, meets the extroverted Alex who teaches him to be assertive and take risks. - Bad Influence (film)
- Saga (Melinda Kinnaman), an assertive tomboy his own age, likes him, and shows it by beating him in a boxing match. - My Life as a Dog
- Hanabi is an assertive 16-year-old who protects her less assertive friends. - Happy Hustle High
- Cathy's assertive new friend, Dizzy Clayton (Glynis Johns), helps her break out of her shell. - Perfect Strangers (1945 film)
- At what turns out to be a phone sex office, Judy meets her new boss, Lil (Jenifer Lewis), who seems to be an assertive but friendly woman. - Girl 6
- There he meets an assertive little boy wearing the red scarf of the Pioneer Movement. - The Last Emperor
- There were two mayors: Mayor Pike, who was more relaxed, and Mayor Stoner, who had a more assertive personality. - The Andy Griffith Show
Meaning of "assertive" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "assertive" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "assertive" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "assertive"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word assertive below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.