How to use "astonished" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "astonished" in popular movie and book plots
- They explain to the astonished Alliance men that David was a new "type 3" screamer impersonating a human. - Screamers (1995 film)
- He finally finds the Dark being and is astonished when he discovers it is young Egor. - Night Watch (Lukyanenko novel)
- The three astonished women faint dead away onto the floor. - How to Marry a Millionaire
- On his arrival in Milan, Renzo is astonished at the state of the city. - The Betrothed (Manzoni novel)
- Taak, looking forward to a life of quiet scholarship, is astonished to be drafted into one of the Mercatoria's religio-military orders. - The Algebraist
- ' I was astonished at myself. - The Edible Woman
- The villagers, especially the women, astonished at her courage, begin to talk to "Signora Scordia" with respect. - Malèna
- At school, Matilda befriends her kindergarten teacher, Jennifer Honey, who is astonished by Matilda's intellectual abilities. - Matilda (novel)
- Kal-El, who is now three years old, is found by Jonathan and Martha Kent, who are astonished when he is able to lift their truck. - Superman (1978 film)
- The cook is astonished to see the little man emerge from the fish. - Tom Thumb
- Arriving at Hy-Brasil, Erik and crew are astonished to find it a sunlit land whose people are friendly (if musically untalented). - Erik the Viking
- Judy wants to quit almost immediately, and is astonished to learn that she cannot, contrary to the assertions of her recruiting sergeant. - Private Benjamin (1980 film)
- The following morning, she is astonished when Dagmar walks in with an apparently cured cat. - I Remember Mama (film)
- However, both Ribaldi and Hans are astonished at her choice. - Rigoletto (film)
- As Arabella playfully pleads with the new governor to spare her Uncle's life, Peter Blood reveals his face to the astonished Colonel. - Captain Blood (1935 film)
- The Sardaukar and Harkonnen forces are trapped on the planet, astonished at the sandworm mounts and vast numbers of their attackers. - Vladimir Harkonnen
Meaning of "astonished" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "astonished" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "astonished" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "astonished"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word astonished below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.