How to use "averse" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "averse" in popular movie and book plots
- He is averse to taking a second wife, as Vasishta further suggests. - Kanchana Sita
- When Teacher retires, his sons are averse to take their parents. - School Master (1958 film)
- Sailaja loves him, but Sasi’s ideology about love irritates Sailaja a lot and she is averse to his philosophy. - Pravarakhyudu
- Madan, however, soon realizes that he has a Herculean task ahead of him – the eldest daughter Rathna (Manorama) is averse to marriage. - Galatta Kalyanam
- Rahul has a mobile and Nithya is averse to mobile phones. - 7 O' Clock
- Not averse to marriage but disheartened by his lack of prospects, Marty has reluctantly resigned himself to bachelorhood. - Marty (film)
- It turns out that Michael is not averse to the idea, and so Leila arranges everything for her young family's "final passage". - The Final Passage
- Police Captain Jim Fitzpatrick (Walter Huston) is a dedicated family man and crime fighter not averse to using violence to fight violence. - The Beast of the City
- The Wais are a delicate, highly civilized ornithorp race and are the most averse to violence of all the Weave species. - The Damned Trilogy
Meaning of "averse" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "averse" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "averse" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "averse"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word averse below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.