How to use "bailiff" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "bailiff" in popular movie and book plots
- The "collector" of the title is Lucjan Bohme, a bailiff employed to collect debts for a court in the town of Wałbrzych. - The Collector (2005 film)
- He sees the bailiff coming in the distance and decides to be clever and prepare his answers ahead of time. - "Good day, fellow!" "Axe handle!"
- Pauline (Christine Hargreaves), a recently separated single mother-of-four, receives a visit from a bailiff regarding her rent arrears. - The Spongers
- As it does, a bailiff calls on him to confiscate his property as security for his long overdue loan and tax payments. - The Lovable Cheat
- A head bailiff is mistaken for a wealthy banker, and the Regent and his creditors pay him extravagant courtesy. - Princess Caprice
- He is also pursued by a bailiff for the money he owes. - He Snoops to Conquer
- When the judge orders the bailiff to restrain her, the defendant slashes the bailiff's throat with a concealed weapon. - Certain Fury
- The skilled gemcutter Prokopych is getting old, and the landlord's bailiff forces him to take an apprentice. - The Stone Flower (1946 film)
- The boy being whipped by his bailiff for missing work and harassed by the village priest for not tithe. - Bows against the Barons
- She reacts by producing a gun, knocking the bailiff unconscious and leaving the jurors bound and gagged to their chairs. - Mr. Monk Gets Jury Duty
- The water bailiff follows him on the train, imploring him not to reveal the truth of Loch Ness. - Loch Ness (film)
- The estate, protected under the Minister of the Right, is administered by the eponymous Sanshō (Eitarō Shindō), a bailiff (or steward). - Sansho the Bailiff
- The two begin growling at each another, and the judge, exasperated by Dave's canine behavior, orders the bailiff to remove him. - The Shaggy Dog (2006 film)
- 2 are preparing to avoid the local bailiff and mr Brown from visiting their home. - Minty Alley
- The bailiff calls her to the stand by her legal name: Jessica Marie Hudson. - Murder by Numbers
- Furious, Homer tries to attack Judge Harm, but the bailiff stops him and drags him away for contempt of court. - Barting Over
Meaning of "bailiff" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "bailiff" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "bailiff" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "bailiff"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word bailiff below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.