How to use "balk" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "balk" in popular movie and book plots
- Iris leads them to Room 64, which they balk at. - Room Service (American Horror Story)
- Brought together to sing, dance, and act, the students question their own abilities and balk at the spotlight. - My Voice, My Life
- Now that the survivors have finally reached their destination, the women balk at entering the town where their prospective grooms are waiting. - Westward the Women
- Ladislao without hesitation, but they initially balk at killing a pregnant woman. - Camila (film)
- Helen and Kafka both balk at the reunion, but eventually warm to the experience. - Automatic Kafka
- When Hunt calls an assembly to tell the workers about the deal, they balk at the idea of making so many cars in so short a time. - Gung Ho (film)
- His parents initially balk at the idea of him doing so because he could be emotionally hurt. - Jack (1996 film)
Meaning of "balk" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "balk" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "balk" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "balk"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word balk below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.