How to use "behind" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "behind" in popular movie and book plots
- Mallory then approaches Scagnetti from behind and slashes his throat with a shank. - Natural Born Killers
- At a diner called Winkie's, a man tells his companion about a nightmare in which he dreamt there was a horrible figure behind the diner. - Mulholland Drive (film)
- He has to hide behind a coffin when he hears Ratsey and Elzevir coming. - Moonfleet
- Piro, flustered, runs away, accidentally leaving behind his bookbag and sketchbook. - Megatokyo
- He is left behind in the sea, and so is the only crewman of the Pequod to survive the final encounter. - Moby-Dick
- Once the guards have left, Brian tries to put the episode behind him, but he has unintentionally inspired a movement. - Monty Python's Life of Brian
- Cinderella stays behind to protect the Baker's child and when her Prince passes by, he nearly fails to recognize her. - Into the Woods
- When the tape is sent to Woolton, he is led to assume that Samuels is behind the scheme and backs Urquhart in the contest. - House of Cards (UK TV series)
- Robert Catesby (1573–1605), a man of "ancient, historic and distinguished lineage", was the inspiration behind the plot. - Gunpowder Plot
- A suicide note explains the reasons behind the suicide. - Glen or Glenda
- The Japanese intervene and reveal that Godzilla was behind the attacks. - The Return of Godzilla
- The town behind the front where George spends much of his time is referred to as M---. - Death of a Hero
- In the first episode, players navigate a tunnel in the wall of a prison cell hidden behind a poster, just like in The Shawshank Redemption. - Duke Nukem 3D
- Determined to find the truth behind the incident, he follows a predestined course that leads him to save the world. - Chrono Cross
- They leave a message behind asking Carmilla and one of the governesses to follow once the perpetually late-sleeping Carmilla wakes. - Carmilla
- The reporter behind the newspaper reports is Janet Lawton (Loretta King Hadler) who happens to be Craig's fiancée. - Bride of the Monster
Meaning of "behind" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "behind" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "behind" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "behind"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word behind below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.