How to use "belittle" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "belittle" in popular movie and book plots
- Employees from Zhong belittle them in Russian, unaware of the fact that Jingjing understands. - The Familiar, Volume 1: One Rainy Day in May
- The more seasoned jumpers, specifically those on the Norwegian team, belittle him. - Eddie the Eagle (film)
- Steve also helps him with his accounting in return and they belittle the teaching staff. - A Ward Show
- He tries maximum to belittle her. - Adwaytham
- His wife tries to belittle the news, and seems more interested in settling their daughters, who take dance lessons. - Her Boss
- Despite Ted's altruism, Hammond continues to belittle his ideas in the office. - Columns (How I Met Your Mother)
- Rats arrive and, when they belittle the simple tale, the mice leave and do not return. - The Fir-Tree
- Walking back, they pass by Rodney, who is quick to belittle Izzy and begin to get violent. - Jump In!
- He never leaves an opportunity to belittle her and gradually Harika gets fed up and goes to Chairman Prasad to submit her resignation. - Manmadhudu
- Trunchbull goes to Miss Honey's class for a weekly "checkup" to belittle the students. - Matilda (1996 film)
- He continues to belittle himself and says the he doesn't want to wait 25 years to be appreciated as a writer, he wants success now. - Interiors
- Tina reveals her story to her therapy group, who angrily criticize or belittle her. - Diary of a Mad Housewife
- When Crooks refuses to respond, Mae callously calls the four "bindlestiffs" in an attempt to belittle them. - Of Mice and Men (1939 film)
Meaning of "belittle" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "belittle" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "belittle" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "belittle"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word belittle below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.