How to use "big" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "big" in popular movie and book plots
- He promises to send for his girlfriend so they can get married once he has "made good" in the big city. - Safety Last!
- The film ends with the audience raptly listening to Winifred's song — she has finally gotten her big break. - Nashville (film)
- This prompts Clive into having 'a big think' about the meaning of his life, and he summons Marcus to Cambridge to see him. - About a Boy (novel)
- She persuades him to take on one last big robbery so they can flee the country and live in peace and comfort. - Gun Crazy
- David saves her, using a chair to shoo the big cat into a cell. - Bringing Up Baby
- They declare that after years of trying their hands at all manner of things, they have decided that "India is not big enough for them". - The Man Who Would Be King
- Milligan is linked to a big cocaine-selling ring which Wimsey's friend and brother-in-law Chief Inspector Parker is investigating. - Murder Must Advertise
- Sean and Esther meet them twice: first, at one of their big parties, and later when they are invited to their Long Island beach house. - Just Like That (novel)
- With her help, Jack eventually gets his big break: a leading part in the new musical April Follies. - The Jazz Singer
- Swan and the men who are working for him are in the city for a big job and Nettles becomes obsessed with nailing him. - Ticker (2001 film)
- Hank is confident they will make it big while Queenie is less eager to put everything on the line to become a star. - The Broadway Melody
- Through Bud's spying, Gekko makes big money, and Wildman is forced to buy Gekko's shares off him to complete his takeover. - Wall Street (1987 film)
- Zorba pretends to tell the future from the lamb shank, saying that he foresees a great journey to a big city. - Zorba the Greek (film)
- The big corporate farmers are in collusion, and smaller farmers suffer from collapsing prices. - The Grapes of Wrath
- Later, it is revealed that Erika is a former pop idol, who caused a big scene then disappeared from the public eye after her fiancé left her. - Megatokyo
- Again, Schub has the answer - since the Cookie Jar is still successful, they can turn the entire town into one big Cookie Jar. - Anyone Can Whistle
Meaning of "big" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "big" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "big" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "big"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word big below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.