How to use "bout" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "bout" in popular movie and book plots
- Scarlett is widowed when Charles dies from a bout of pneumonia and measles while serving in the Confederate Army. - Gone with the Wind (film)
- Torres is commended for keeping her calm by the crew, but takes a moment for herself after exhibiting her bout of violence. - Juggernaut (Star Trek: Voyager)
- Munger loses his first fight, his nose broken, and is knocked out in his next bout as well. - Fat City (film)
- Miss Marple's nephew has paid for her to holiday there after a bout of ill health - but she is bored. - A Caribbean Mystery
- Jana tells him that Shirley's real name is Dana and that she had left Lviv some months ago after a bout of craziness. - Blue Moon (2002 film)
- While waiting for a bout for the heavyweight championship of the world, Steve performs in a musical revue. - The Prizefighter and the Lady
- Clark, stricken with sudden pain, staggered back looking ghastly; he was experiencing his first bout of Kryptonite poisoning. - Superman: Birthright
- She soon gets the upper hand when the Earthling tries another bout of resistance. - Meglos
- Todd's psychic powers end up destroying the store in a bout of existential dread. - Scott Pilgrim
- Maturin survives a bout of yellow fever contracted while out a few days botanizing on Philip's Island with Mr Square. - The Commodore (novel)
- In August, after a bout of sickness, he left for Munich. - Johann Georg Elser
- Sorel and Sandy enter from the library, Judith goes into yet another bout of over-theatrical emoting. - Hay Fever (play)
- The police shoot him in the street and, after a prolonged death run, he dies “à bout de souffle” (out of breath). - Breathless (1960 film)
- They need Jo's signature on the divorce papers and have tracked her down during an active bout of stormy weather. - Twister (1996 film)
- They want the bout for the World Heavyweight Championship in Tokyo, but Rocky declines the offer. - Rocky V
- The bout starts tamely with Apollo landing several punches that have no effect on Drago. - Rocky IV
Meaning of "bout" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "bout" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "bout" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "bout"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word bout below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.