How to use "brink" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "brink" in popular movie and book plots
- Harry Wyckoff is a successful patent attorney on the brink of becoming a partner in the conservative legal agency where he works. - Wild Palms
- he brink of collapse, Dirk Struan received a loan of silver from the merchant Jin-qua in exchange for a series of favors. - The Asian Saga
- The accident actually shocked the world from the brink of nuclear war. - Shelter Skelter
- The first thread is set in a 1998 ravaged by ecological disasters such as algal blooms and diebacks on the brink of large scale extinctions. - Timescape
- Journalists report that the world is on the brink of nuclear war. - A History of the World in 10½ Chapters
- However, when she inherited the club from her late husband, it was on the brink of bankruptcy. - Major League (film)
- Meeting Cortez and Father Raul in a Catholic cathedral, April is told that Arcadia is on the brink of war. - The Longest Journey
- Holmes has been tracking Moriarty and his agents for months and is on the brink of snaring them all and delivering them to the dock. - The Final Problem
- The Noble House was on the brink of financial collapse and about to be destroyed by rival Tyler Brock. - Tai-Pan (novel)
- Eddie and Emily have two daughters, are on the brink of divorce, and reunite with the couple who first introduced them. - Altered States
- When it opens, Atrus immediately links to Riven to investigate and meets the player at the brink of the Fissure. - Riven
- A group of policemen hunt Velutha down, savagely beat him for crossing caste lines, and arrest him on the brink of death. - The God of Small Things
- The Liontaur city of Tarna is on the brink of a war; the Simbani, the tribe of Uhura, are ready to do battle with the Leopardmen. - Quest for Glory III: Wages of War
- As a result, the two countries come to the brink of war. - Duck Soup (1933 film)
- Nathan outmanoeuvres them financially, bringing them to the brink of ruin and dishonour; they capitulate and surrender to him the entire loan. - The House of Rothschild
- The effects of this condition appear to be real, yet the Mole pulls through every time, always returning from the brink of death. - Now Wait for Last Year
Meaning of "brink" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "brink" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "brink" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "brink"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word brink below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.