How to use "brood" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "brood" in popular movie and book plots
- He returns to find that his mother has died and that his father, left with a brood to care for, has selected Barbara to be his wife. - Stark Love
- On the volcanic planet Char, Kerrigan subdues a renegade brood before attacking the occupying Dominion forces. - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm
- The sight reminds Logan to enjoy life, rather than brood over his own past ghosts. - Old Man Logan
- They find an unoccupied cabin in the woods where the brood of youngsters settle in. - Her Right to Live
- Louise nurses her brood through a bout of infantile paralysis; one is left somewhat lame. - Roughly Speaking (film)
- He continues to brood and be of little help to the AIDS ward, mostly harassing his charge Emilio Sánchez about why he has AIDS. - The Routine
- Skavadale has offered her a comfortable position on his estate, raising a large brood of hens. - Gallows Thief
- Pete is delighted by the brood and takes them all out to a nightclub for fun. - Clancy Street Boys
- Among Maugrim's army are Avaia and her black brood of swans and, more terribly, a giant black dragon. - The Darkest Road
- Frustrated, Holmes and Russell return home to brood over the case, searching for a hidden motive. - A Letter of Mary
- Clay Spencer awakens early one morning in the house he shares with his wife Olivia and their brood of children. - Spencer's Mountain
- Lenneth tells him to forget about her and kisses him before she sends him to Valhalla, but Lucian continues to brood upon Lenneth and Platina. - Valkyrie Profile
- Left with no choice but to have the baby, Howard and Joanne brood on their apparently normal son and what could possibly happen in the future. - Unnatural Selection (The Outer Limits)
- Ben goes to brood on the Brooklyn Bridge and accidentally causes a traffic pileup while preventing a man from committing suicide. - Fantastic Four (2005 film)
- She is happy with her brood and all the work of a farm wife. - My Ántonia
- Galen follows her and finds a brood of young dragons feasting on her corpse. - Dragonslayer
Meaning of "brood" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "brood" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "brood" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "brood"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word brood below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.