How to use "call" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "call" in popular movie and book plots
- The servants of the house awaken on hearing a cry from the locked room; on the street, passers-by who also heard the cry call the police. - The Picture of Dorian Gray
- Sometime later, at her FBI Academy graduation party, Starling receives a phone call from Lecter, who is at an airport in Bimini. - The Silence of the Lambs (film)
- Meanwhile, Hallorann receives a psychic distress call from Danny while working at a winter resort in Florida. - The Shining (novel)
- Hearing Aid is also known as the "Ten Nines", after the phone number used to call it: 999-999-9999. - The Shockwave Rider
- Both mr Robinson and Benjamin’s parents encourage him to call on Elaine although mrs Robinson makes her disapproval clear. - The Graduate
- As they near the neighboring house and call out, Leatherface lunges from the darkness and kills Franklin with a chainsaw. - The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
- Enterprise receives a distress call from an observatory in orbit of the star Amargosa, where they rescue the El-Aurian dr Tolian Soran. - Star Trek Generations
- While they are out of the car, a trio of Otto's punk friends, who are on a crime spree (what they call "doing crimes"), steal the Malibu. - Repo Man (film)
- They find Diane Selwyn in the phone book and call her, but she does not answer. - Mulholland Drive (film)
- Largo and Erika, who are riding on the roof of a train in the Miyagi prefecture also call during the conversation. - Megatokyo
- He goes ashore and finds a very weak Kurtz crawling his way back to the station house, though not too weak to call to the natives for help. - Heart of Darkness
- The younger Ben and Buddy softly call to their "girls upstairs", and the Follies end. - Follies
- receives a phone call summoning him to court, and the coming Sunday is arranged as the date. - The Trial
- He is interrupted by a call from his host upstairs, who had been having sex with Mandy, a young woman who overdosed on a speedball. - Eyes Wide Shut
- A high-priced call girl, Liz Blake (Nancy Allen), happens upon the body. - Dressed to Kill (1980 film)
- Upon hearing the call of his hunting party, he cried out to them and immediately transformed. - Actaeon
Meaning of "call" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "call" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "call" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "call"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word call below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.