How to use "captivity" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "captivity" in popular movie and book plots
- With no other choice Ryu, Nina and Ershin break him out of captivity with the help of Scias, a tall, dog-like mercenary who joins their cause. - Breath of Fire IV
- Bongo is raised in captivity and is praised for his performances, but is poorly treated once he is off stage. - Fun and Fancy Free
- They then try to stop the Brotherhood from rescuing Magneto from captivity aboard theSS. - X-Men Legends
- When the chaos finally settles from the (very) bloody prison riot, West escapes captivity before the guards appear by stealing Phillips'D. - Beyond Re-Animator
- The landing party is held in captivity while Oxmyx uses a communicator to reiterate the deal to Chief Engineer Scott. - A Piece of the Action (Star Trek: The Original Series)
- The aliens have learned that humans have a hatred of captivity and agree to let the crew go. - The Menagerie (Star Trek: The Original Series)
- Mr Motley has four more of the slakemoths in captivity and harvests their milk to sell as drugs. - Perdido Street Station
- While calling for fellow Gabbits in song, Munch is allured into captivity by an animal trap when it mimics an answering call. - Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
- The protagonist of the game is Abe, a Mudokon slave worker born into captivity and ignorant of his people's rich history and culture. - Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
- Cyrus' curiosity gets him thrown into the Catacombs but he escapes from captivity to the Restless League hideout. - The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard
- Gothel stabs Eugene and attempts to escape with Rapunzel, but Rapunzel agrees to lifelong captivity if she is allowed to heal Eugene. - Tangled
- They manage to escape captivity and invade the Melva, the main Raalgon ship, to get Tylor back. - The Irresponsible Captain Tylor
- Together they leave the life of captivity in the Alps and move to the more liberal and cosmopolitan city of Nsara (Saint-Nazaire in France). - The Years of Rice and Salt
- Instead Elizabeth takes her prisoner, keeping her locked away in luxurious captivity in a remote castle. - Mary, Queen of Scots (1971 film)
- The astronauts remain in captivity during the flight and are filmed landing on Mars within a studio located at the base. - Capricorn One
- After 14 months of captivity and torture, Bond is traded for Zao in a prisoner exchange. - Die Another Day
Meaning of "captivity" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "captivity" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "captivity" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "captivity"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word captivity below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.