How to use "catastrophe" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "catastrophe" in popular movie and book plots
- She is soon joined by Yu Isami, an ex-Reclaimer who leaves Orphan after learning of the catastrophe his parents seek to unleash. - Brain Powerd
- The novel tells the story of the Rainbow catastrophe of 2156. - Far Rainbow
- It is said that should all four be cleared, a catastrophe will befall Fiore. - Pokémon Ranger
- The novel describes a world set in the year 2048 after a catastrophe which has fractured the United States into several nations. - The Fifth Sacred Thing
- Cassie suspects that a catastrophe is imminent, but she is unable to persuade anyone else of the impending danger she senses. - The Gathering (2003 film)
- The blow shattered the shield, causing a catastrophe that ended the First Age. - Dungeon Siege II
- His lament signals for some critics the final catastrophe and his role as tragic hero. - The Siege of Numantia
- The novel is set in a world of environmental catastrophe and extreme socio-economic inequality. - Earthworks (novel)
- Several space missions for the Amarn government follow before a catastrophe sends the player on a more critical quest away from Goldin. - Precursors (video game)
- They discover (as mr Hulligan believed all along) that the terrorist attack was not the world-ending catastrophe August had believed. - David Boring
- They also discovered that a mysterious ecological catastrophe will soon wipe out civilization. - Idaho Transfer
- The only way to prevent this catastrophe is to prevent the god from awakening. - Pathways into Darkness
- The city suffered a catastrophe when the population was killed in an earthquake. - Vagrant Story
- He subsequently decides that Marinelli is responsible for the catastrophe and has him banned from his court. - Emilia Galotti
- It is eventually revealed that ALF's home planet Melmac exploded because of a catastrophe involving a nuclear war. - ALF (TV series)
- He wanders the streets of London, finding it deserted as well, with signs of catastrophe everywhere. - 28 Days Later
Meaning of "catastrophe" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "catastrophe" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "catastrophe" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "catastrophe"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word catastrophe below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.