How to use "century" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "century" in popular movie and book plots
- But a quarter of a century or more later, circumstances have forced them to change: Will and Claire have long split up. - Helpless (play)
- His social and physical decline corresponds to the decline of his idol Boullée, who until the 20th century was hardly known. - The Belly of an Architect
- In late 20th century Boston Carolinus locates Peter Dickinson, a former scientist turned board game designer who is obsessed with dragons. - The Flight of Dragons
- It is set more than a century after the prologue, when a starship is built in Titan's orbit. - Fiasco (novel)
- Oblomov is a member of the upper middle class and the son of a member of Russia’s nineteenth century landed gentry. - Oblomov
- The book is set in the 17th century in the Badgworthy Water region of Exmoor in Devon and Somerset, England. - Lorna Doone
- In the 1st century BC, the Roman Republic has slid into corruption, its menial work done by armies of slaves. - Spartacus (film)
- The Son'a are a splinter faction of Ba'ku who gave up their bucolic existence a century earlier to embrace the use of technology. - Star Trek: Insurrection
- The police are laughable by 20th century standards. - Riders of the Purple Wage
- Normally, the Eternals traverse from century to century within Eternity in a kind of temporal elevator called a kettle. - The End of Eternity
- In the 5th century AD, a Christian mob threatens the home of a magician in Hellenistic Egypt. - Promethea
- Agnes Nutter was a witch in the 17th century and the only truly accurate prophet to have ever lived. - Good Omens
- Once he arrives at home, a talking cricket who has lived in the house for over a century warns him of the perils of disobedience and hedonism. - The Adventures of Pinocchio
- In nineteenth century chemist Louis Pasteur (Paul Muni) believes that diseases are caused by unseen microbes. - The Story of Louis Pasteur
- More than a century later, an unknown outsider called the Mule has begun taking over planets belonging to the Foundation at a rapid pace. - Foundation series
- The story takes place in the early 21st century against a background of an overpopulated Earth with a violent, dysfunctional society. - I Will Fear No Evil
Meaning of "century" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "century" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "century" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "century"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word century below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.