How to use "certain" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "certain" in popular movie and book plots
- Asking her if she would make the same choice if not for "a certain private in the Foreign Legion", she answers that she does not know. - Morocco (film)
- When her brother-in-law's brother, Ninian, comes to visit, there is a certain attraction between them. - Miss Lulu Bett (novel)
- Nevertheless, the topic continues to be a theme of certain Russian historians. - Tehran Conference
- Her trial becomes a test of a 9-year-old girl's ability to maintain sanity in the face of seemingly certain death. - The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
- Now certain of Robin's loyalty, Richard reveals himself to the outlaws. - The Adventures of Robin Hood
- Charbonnet is so certain that Pasteur is a quack that he injects himself with some of the rabies virus. - The Story of Louis Pasteur
- He is still not certain if he wants to protect Marius or kill him. - Les Misérables
- On the return steamboat trip, the women make a bet about attracting a certain man's attention, and proceed to annoy him by playing a ukulele. - Bad Girl (1931 film)
- Note that certain parts of the Julia set are quite difficult to access with the reverse Julia algorithm. - Julia set
- The second repair is successful, but the engineer is certain to die from radiation poisoning. - K-19: The Widowmaker
- Mister proudly states that he knows for certain that all the children have the same father, indirectly admitting to being their father. - The Color Purple
- It seems certain that they will get married. - A Streetcar Named Desire
- However, Fogg has missed the train and arrives in London five minutes late, certain he has lost the wager. - Around the World in Eighty Days
- The prequel novel New Spring takes place during the Aiel War and depicts the discovery by certain Aes Sedai that the Dragon has been Reborn. - The Wheel of Time
- The crew is attacked when they commit what the natives consider blasphemy (the misuse of certain technologies). - Ringworld
- When the prisoners were allowed to speak, Fawkes explained his not guilty plea as ignorance of certain aspects of the indictment. - Guy Fawkes
Meaning of "certain" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "certain" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "certain" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "certain"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word certain below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.