How to use "characteristic" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "characteristic" in popular movie and book plots
- A characteristic last-minute gift and message from Matt prompt Jean into racing to the railway station. - Yanks
- The characteristic smell of bitter almonds. - Daylight Robbery on the Orient Express
- Hunter covers the marathon with his characteristic gonzo style, weaving his own experiences into the coverage of the story. - The Curse of Lono
- He also has his characteristic left wrist mole, which Number Six has lost. - The Schizoid Man (The Prisoner)
- Loach's characteristic attention to detail renders the film a period piece". - Looks and Smiles
- As she says "there's nothing left to fear", the piranha's characteristic trilling sound drowns out the waves on a beach. - Piranha (1978 film)
- There is adventure and fun as well as the detail which is a characteristic of all Enid Blyton books and loved by Enid Blyton fans. - The Circus Series
- Narutaki-Sou is filled with characteristic and eccentric people. - Mahoraba
- The narrator and his character reflect that this independent streak is characteristic of American citizens. - Knickerbocker Holiday
- Wendy receives the news with a characteristic mixture of sympathy and amusement. - Life Is Sweet (film)
- This literary trope is characteristic of many late 20th century Western works of metafiction. - Give Yourself Goosebumps
- This plot structure is characteristic of many of Reynolds's works. - Revelation Space
- Oblomov’s distinguishing characteristic is his slothful attitude towards life. - Oblomov
- Doe accepts the promotion to Bombing Officer with characteristic enthusiasm. - Tell England
- Stuart's principal characteristic is that he does whatever he wants, whenever he wants, however he wants. - Queer as Folk (UK TV series)
- At an awards banquet, she thanks Margo, Bill, Lloyd and Karen with characteristic effusion, while all four stare back at her coldly. - All About Eve
Meaning of "characteristic" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "characteristic" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "characteristic" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "characteristic"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word characteristic below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.