How to use "chateau" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "chateau" in popular movie and book plots
- Sembadel, Clapoteau and Esther head to the Countess’ chateau but arrive to find that it has been burned down. - My Brother-in-Law Killed My Sister
- The novel begins with Gurney, a young British officer, entering a deserted chateau as the British advance in November 1918. - Bretherton: Khaki or Field Grey?
- His crash landing at Eyrelle's chateau ends with Andre's dead body being placed next to his aircraft. - Suzy (film)
- They then make their way to a large road bridge leading to a chateau where the Germans are headquartered. - Medal of Honor: Vanguard
- Later on, Sandrine is invited to Christophe's chateau for an evening of dinner with him and his sister in an incestuous threesome. - Secret Things
- The story takes place in Normandy in the winter of 1870, in a fictional chateau which is being used as a headquarters by Prussian officers. - Mademoiselle Fifi (short story)
- She and Robert split up as she heads to the chateau and he heads to Saint-Sulpice. - The Da Vinci Code (video game)
- In 1919 Latvia, a detachment of German Freikorps soldiers is stationed in a chateau in the town of Kratovice to fight Bolshevik guerrillas. - Coup de Grâce (1976 film)
- The story opens circa 1980 at an abandoned chateau in the Swiss Alps, once a prestigious boarding school, L'Hirondelle. - Lace (miniseries)
- They go to Contini's chateau for a showdown, and Helm creates chaos and destruction with a variety of unique gadgets. - The Wrecking Crew (1968 film)
- He is imprisoned at a local chateau where he and Max finally meet face to face. - Flight of Eagles
- Ygor and the monster arrive in Vasaria and discover that Ludwig lives in a chateau at the end of town. - The Ghost of Frankenstein
- As the baby princess grows up, Marie Antoinette spends much of her time at the Petit Trianon, a small chateau in the park of Versailles. - Marie Antoinette (2006 film)
- She lives with her widowed father and her brother Frantz in a vast and ancient family chateau which has seen better days. - Le Grand Meaulnes
- He finds a palatial chateau inhabited by two Cossacks: the owner, General Zaroff, and his gigantic deaf-mute servant, Ivan. - The Most Dangerous Game
- They are given a run-down chateau by the Emperor, with a handsome young architect, Prouix, on hand for its renovation. - Quills
Meaning of "chateau" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "chateau" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "chateau" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "chateau"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word chateau below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.