How to use "civilized" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "civilized" in popular movie and book plots
- He goes back to America and frequently brings back medicine and technology of all kinds, helping his people to be civilized and educated. - Song of Freedom
- Nayrok confirms Danar's story but says that the soldiers were unsuited for life in civilized society. - The Hunted (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- This is appalling to the civilized races of the Weave, but they cannot deny the efficacy of human combat troops. - The Damned Trilogy
- He decides to send both of them back to more civilized surroundings. - Red Dust (1932 film)
- She invites Grimbold to the castle, where they all discuss their grievances in a civilized manner. - Heir Apparent (novel)
- His family helps Katie become a civilized human being. - Mockingbird Don't Sing
- Next, Shad recruits Gelt (Robert Vaughn), a wealthy assassin who is so well known he can't show his face on any civilized planet. - Battle Beyond the Stars
- Back in a civilized area, Caleb has a new objective: Cerberus (resembling Orthrus), now Tchernobog's second in command, must be eliminated. - Blood (video game)
- Scenes follow emphasising that the Shell tribe is more advanced and more civilized than the Rock tribe. - One Million Years B.C.
- She was secretly assigned the task of teaching "the green-eyed devil" Struan civilized ways. - Tai-Pan (novel)
- In the year 2017, the United States has fragmented into postapocalyptic wastelands and limited civilized areas. - Cherry 2000
- Ransom later meets a civilized native of Malacandra, a hross named Hyoi, a tall, thin, and furry creature. - Out of the Silent Planet
- Readers are reminded that at the time of publication, Thoreau is back to living among the civilized again. - Walden
- Jinn and Phyllis refuse to believe Ulysse's "impossible" story, being civilized chimpanzees. - Planet of the Apes (novel)
- The party begins in the civilized section of "New Phlan" that is governed by a council. - Pool of Radiance
- At the civilized world's border, the group enters the Blight (the polluted region under the Dark One's control) to protect the Eye. - The Eye of the World
Meaning of "civilized" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "civilized" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "civilized" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "civilized"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word civilized below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.