How to use "college" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "college" in popular movie and book plots
- Dave, Mike, Cyril, and Moocher are working-class friends living in the college town of Bloomington, Indiana. - Breaking Away
- Kevin Dulli (Max Perlich), a college student back in Boston, visits them and tells them of the enormous market—and demand—for pot in Boston. - Blow (film)
- Chris went to college and became a lawyer; when attempting to break up a fight in a fast-food restaurant, he was fatally stabbed. - Stand by Me (film)
- He elicits sympathy by posing as the fiancé of a young woman at the college who died in a recent kiln explosion. - Animal House
- His son Knute saves up his money and enrolls in college at the Notre Dame campus in South Bend, Indiana, where he plays football. - Knute Rockne, All American
- After Dietrichson breaks his leg, Phyllis drives him to the train station for his trip to Palo Alto for a college reunion. - Double Indemnity (film)
- Dianne de Poitiers, announces that she will be getting married and leaving the college as well. - Picnic at Hanging Rock (novel)
- Steve gives Toad his 1958 Chevrolet Impala to watch while he's away at college until he returns at Christmas. - American Graffiti
- When the man is "not yet 45", and an accomplished college professor, McCarron arranges to meet him socially. - The Breathing Method
- Their marriage is deferred as Bhaer teaches at a college in the west. - Little Women
- Shortly afterward Sera is approached by three college students at the Excalibur hotel and casino. - Leaving Las Vegas
- The story mainly takes place at , a worn and aging boarding house in a town called , where 20-year-old college applicant Yusaku Godai lives. - Maison Ikkoku
- mr Robinson then forces Elaine to drop out of college and takes her away to marry Carl, a classmate with whom she had briefly been involved. - The Graduate
- Shirley suspects that they are observing a college initiation, though Bob seriously doubts her theory. - Orgy of the Dead
- In later seasons she returns to college to study psychology. - Home Improvement (TV series)
- The attacks build to a crisis, and the college community of students, dons and servants is almost torn apart by suspicion and fear. - Gaudy Night
Meaning of "college" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "college" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "college" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "college"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word college below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.