How to use "compensate" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "compensate" in popular movie and book plots
- However, to compensate for their sacrifice, the UN shall fulfill one of their wishes, no matter what it is. - Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi
- A local judge rules that she has to pay two goats for firing him, but the boy's family has to pay her five goats to compensate for the attack. - The White Masai
- While I was trying to compensate for something unmanly in him, he was attempting to express something feminine through me. - Fun Home
- Paul tries to compensate for his feeling of loss with visits to the neighborhood playground. - Say Uncle (film)
- He suffers from restlessness, and on one occasion Dan attempts to compensate for the restlessness by running along streets before sunrise. - Peaceful Warrior
- George tries to compensate with her by offering the flawed cashmere sweater. - The Red Dot
- So when he came of age, he went to sea, and his desire to compensate for not making enough noise is driving everyone else mad. - Sounds and Silences
- Beinberg and Reiting compensate for their own shame about their attraction to Basini by debasing him. - The Confusions of Young Törless
- After fifteen years in pro football, he tries to compensate for his failing skills with booze and an extramarital affair. - Number One (1969 film)
- The others rearrange themselves again to compensate for the loss of mass. - Balance (1989 film)
- To compensate for this, they force Burns to try being friendly and even smile. - Two Cars in Every Garage and Three Eyes on Every Fish
- His attempts to apologize and compensate the family are rejected, particularly by Jiazhen, who tells him he owes her family a life. - To Live (1994 film)
- He drinks in his depression, and rues his five foot height, which horse riding had served to compensate for. - The Last Night of a Jockey
- To compensate for William's absence, Rose gives Alice a dog - a cairn terrier named Thimble. - Upstairs, Downstairs (1971 TV series)
- Maverick flies recklessly in part to compensate for his father Duke Mitchell, a Naval Aviator with VF-51 aboard the during the Vietnam War. - Top Gun
- Instead, he decides to shower them with gifts and riches from his new found wealth, as a means to compensate his departure from their lives. - The Vampire Lestat
Meaning of "compensate" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "compensate" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "compensate" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "compensate"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word compensate below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.