How to use "confidence" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "confidence" in popular movie and book plots
- It is, as it were, a measure of the confidence that God places in us". - Mrs Craddock
- Joseph hypocritically professes confidence in Charles' and Lady Teazle's honour. - The School for Scandal
- With a renewed sense of confidence she strongly refuses David and hangs up. - Only When I Laugh (film)
- To restore public confidence and regain her license, Billie agrees to a cross-country tour. - Lady Sings the Blues (film)
- Only when the old Stationari Abbot is convinced by the Thing do they finally win the confidence of the Store Nomes. - The Nome Trilogy
- When he runs out of money, he begins relying on confidence scams to get by. - Catch Me If You Can
- Amsterdam gains Bill's confidence as Bill becomes his mentor. - Gangs of New York
- He builds up her confidence and gives her the leading role in one of his movies over everyone else's objections. - The Bad and the Beautiful
- He takes Miss Turner into his confidence about his psychic abilities, and what he's heard. - A Penny for Your Thoughts (The Twilight Zone)
- He tries to win Jarrett's confidence by explaining the Friends of Carlotta are after him. - Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
- When Anita finds out, she blames Maria for betraying her confidence and insists on moving out of their apartment. - Three Coins in the Fountain (film)
- Lina is afraid this is a confidence trick or worse, and tries to talk Beaky out of it, but he trusts his friend completely. - Suspicion (1941 film)
- A final breach of confidence committed by Ralph Messenger makes it much easier for Helen to leave him and go back to London. - Thinks ...
- As the plane nears Chicago, Striker is overcome by stress but regains confidence after a pep talk from dr Rumack. - Airplane!
- They succeed in rescuing Morpheus, and in doing so Neo gains confidence in his abilities, performing feats on par with those of the Agents. - The Matrix
- The announcement of the sale was also poorly handled, and a dive in business confidence ensued. - Bank of China Tower (Hong Kong)
Meaning of "confidence" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "confidence" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "confidence" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "confidence"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word confidence below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.