How to use "conflicting" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "conflicting" in popular movie and book plots
- Spock rebukes Nomad for harming Uhura; Nomad retorts that she is "a mass of conflicting impulses". - The Changeling (Star Trek: The Original Series)
- Tony's parents both hold conflicting views about Tony's destiny and battle over his future path. - Bless Me, Ultima
- Torn between two conflicting statements, Clayton decides to suspect Burke and trust Layla, believing her show of emotion to be genuine. - The Recruit
- As the subtitle implies, the novel offers several conflicting perspectives on the concept of utopia. - Triton (novel)
- This comment adds to the many conflicting ages for the Doctor provided in the television series over the years. - Doctor Who and the Silurians
- Pearl is forced to deal with her love of her family and her conflicting yearning for marital freedom. - A Walk on the Moon
- The conflicting Laws cause what is basically a feedback loop which confuses him to the point that he starts acting inebriated. - Runaround (story)
- While recovering from his wounds near the ocean, Rio struggles with his conflicting desires to love the girl and to kill her stepfather. - One-Eyed Jacks
- Tormented by his conflicting thoughts and emotions, Quentin commits suicide by drowning. - The Sound and the Fury
- Despite (or perhaps because of) their conflicting attitudes, the Professor and Thomas are billeted together by Satan. - Old Harry's Game
- Howard finds he cannot go through with it due to his conflicting emotions and Emily's concern for his well-being. - In & Out (film)
- He learns that, from an early age, Alan has been receiving conflicting viewpoints on religion from his parents. - Equus (play)
- Psychiatrists give conflicting testimony to Manion's state of mind at the time that he killed Quill. - Anatomy of a Murder
- Chief Inspector Hubbard (John Williams) arrives and questions the Wendices, and Margot makes several conflicting statements. - Dial M for Murder
- When Britten finds Jan, he puts the boy and Bigger in the same room and confronts them with their conflicting stories. - Native Son
- The two marry secretly and make a home together in Croton-on-Hudson, north of New York City, but still have conflicting desires. - Reds (film)
Meaning of "conflicting" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "conflicting" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "conflicting" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "conflicting"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word conflicting below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.