How to use "conspicuous" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "conspicuous" in popular movie and book plots
- As he leaves, Prez notices an unmarked but conspicuous police car waiting further down the block. - That's Got His Own
- It thwarts them from pursuing Jenny, and it is not socially acceptable because of the conspicuous age difference. - Joggers' Park (film)
- dog," the ship's official dog, Peaslake, which has spent the whole course of the inventory making a conspicuous nuisance of itself. - Allamagoosa
- His quest takes him through one such door to an alternate world, made apparent to Green by conspicuous elements such as its unusual currency. - There Are Doors
- As they talk, Angel suspects Skip is part of a conspicuous act to keep them in the dark and protect whatever it is that Cordelia's doing. - Inside Out (Angel)
- Cornelius, a conspicuous counter-culture dandy with addictions to chocolate biscuits and alcohol, threatens to blow up the family house. - The Final Programme (film)
- This gets reinforced over time as he experiences a conspicuous lack of social interactions throughout his teenage years. - Prizes (novel)
- Matty, bored and frustrated, recklessly dyes her hair a conspicuous red. - Wish Me Luck
- The TARDIS changes shape, to a rather conspicuous ornamental stove. - Attack of the Cybermen
- However, the final shot reveals conspicuous damage to the aircraft's wing, caused by the gremlin. - Nightmare at 20,000 Feet
- Life in Velada Borthan is ruled by the Covenant, of which the most conspicuous trait is the denial of the self. - A Time of Changes
- The play is set in Bath in the 18th century, a town that was legendary for conspicuous consumption and fashion at the time. - The Rivals
- Lizzie, out of fear of Mr Camperdown, keeps her diamonds with her in a conspicuous strongbox. - The Eustace Diamonds
- Jonas is stunned when his turn is passed by, and he is increasingly conspicuous and agonized until he is alone. - The Giver
- He also makes a conspicuous show of his wealth, boarding the RMS Queen Elizabeth 2, and draining victims of their blood along the ship's path. - The Tale of the Body Thief
- Jeff and Kathie split up, with Jeff making himself conspicuous in moving to Los Angeles. - Out of the Past
Meaning of "conspicuous" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "conspicuous" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "conspicuous" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "conspicuous"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word conspicuous below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.