How to use "contemplate" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "contemplate" in popular movie and book plots
- The second stop is a beach where each of the four characters contemplate their separate situations in internal monologues. - Poetic Justice (film)
- The Doctor seals him in, and he and Leela depart with K9, leaving Cordo, Mandrel and the others to contemplate recolonising the Earth. - The Sun Makers
- Alex and Nancy, now with no jobs, friends, or money left, move away where they contemplate their strange encounters. - Duplex (film)
- Maria is interested in purchasing Sanin’s estate but asks Sanin to give her two days to contemplate it. - Torrents of Spring
- Frank goes home to contemplate his next move, gradually sinking into a hardened apathy akin to his prison days. - Thief (film)
- In the end, destitute, Meg is driven to contemplate drowning herself and her child, thus committing the mortal sins of murder and suicide. - The Chimes
- Bond chooses not to take Smythe into custody immediately, but leaves him to contemplate his options - suicide or a court martial. - Octopussy and The Living Daylights
- They contemplate what to do next; he decides to drink the water himself, in order to join her in old age. - Aqua Vita
- N'yah occasionally enters, makes threats, then leaves so the residents can contemplate her words. - Devil Girl from Mars
- After the initial panic, the three remaining friends contemplate their next course of action. - The Raft (short story)
- The fire spreads, setting off the rifle ammunition while Shaun, Liz and Ed flee into the cellar and contemplate suicide. - Shaun of the Dead
- Just as they contemplate suicide, streams of sunlight shine through new holes in the walls, making the vampires back away. - From Dusk till Dawn
- Moments later, Max cuts the call short and seems to contemplate his decision to stay behind as Jackie drives away. - Jackie Brown
- During his many months in prison, he has time to contemplate his sad life and human nature in general. - The Fixer (novel)
- As they wait in a Navy transport, they contemplate their lives and the invasion. - The Thin Red Line (1998 film)
- As he gets ready to leave, he passes the graves of Catherine, Edgar and Heathcliff and pauses to contemplate the quiet of the moors. - Wuthering Heights
Meaning of "contemplate" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "contemplate" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "contemplate" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "contemplate"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word contemplate below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.