How to use "contingent" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "contingent" in popular movie and book plots
- Jesus convenes his disciples for Passover seder, whereupon Judas leads a contingent of soldiers to arrest Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane. - The Last Temptation of Christ (film)
- When the Canadian contingent arrives they immediately cause friction with the Americans and chaos ensues. - The Devil's Brigade (film)
- Back at the Dominion camp, Garak reveals to Keevan that the Starfleet contingent includes a doctor. - Rocks and Shoals (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
- Among the troops is a large contingent of halflings, relatives of Eldren from the Ghost Worlds who have the power to teleport themselves. - The Eternal Champion (novel)
- A contingent of British peacekeepers are stationed in Goražde thereafter to supervise the disarmament process of the militias. - Safe Area Goražde
- Fighting his way through the entire contingent of guards, Chandu storms into Aringodar's household seeking Kunji. - Oru Vadakkan Veeragatha
- Faile's contingent arrive at Merrilor, but are almost immediately betrayed. - A Memory of Light
- Major Drewery (Douglass Dumbrille), the garrison commander, arrives with a contingent of cavalry. - Virginia City (film)
- The train's small German contingent kills the hostages and joins the retreating convoy. - The Train (1964 film)
- The movie then ends with Ari, Kitty, and a Palmach contingent entering trucks and heading toward battle. - Exodus (1960 film)
- Lewis heads a contingent of multinational soldiers and American Marines defending the compound. - 55 Days at Peking
- A contingent of the Sisterhood join Carolin’s forces. - Hawkmistress!
- As the Zulu impis approach, a contingent of Boer horsemen arrives. - Zulu (1964 film)
- Once there, a camp is set up at the coast, and a small contingent of men, ponies and dogs begins the trek towards the pole. - Scott of the Antarctic (film)
- They are quickly pursued by a large contingent of men from across several districts who have been offered a generous reward. - The Chrysalids
- An envious Kikuchiyo abandons his post—and his contingent of farmers—to bring back another. - Seven Samurai
Meaning of "contingent" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "contingent" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "contingent" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "contingent"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word contingent below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.