How to use "contrast" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "contrast" in popular movie and book plots
- She, in contrast to the declining Compsons, draws a great deal of strength from her faith, standing as a proud figure amid a dying family. - The Sound and the Fury
- Restoration comedies often contrast town and country for humorous effect, and this is one example of it. - The Country Wife
- This is in sharp contrast to the full-color shots of the nameless runner (Anya Major). - 1984 (advertisement)
- Napoleon and Junot see the contrast of cold, starving people outside of wealthy houses. - Napoléon (1927 film)
- The rain has stopped and the clouds have opened revealing the sun in contrast to the beginning where it was overcast. - Rashomon
- This angry atmosphere is in contrast to the peaceful intellectual life Juliet shares with her family. - Heavenly Creatures
- Wordsworth's calm acceptance of death stands in sharp contrast with the Chancellor's increasing panic. - The Obsolete Man
- In contrast Lang trains with ruthless determination and vigor. - Rocky III
- The contrast between players' on-stage and off-stage personalities is also a source of comic dissonance. - Noises Off
- In contrast to his match with Apollo, Drago immediately goes on the offensive. - Rocky IV
- Arha's youth is a contrast between childish escapades and dark rituals. - The Tombs of Atuan
- Upset by the contrast of Savage's stern leadership with Davenport's easygoing ways, all of the 918th Squadron pilots apply for transfers. - Twelve O'Clock High
- The point of these sub-plots was to contrast two possible outcomes of Trina and McTeague's life together. - Greed (film)
- Her outspoken approach stands in stark contrast to Kyoko, which helps Kyoko come face to face with her feelings for Godai. - Maison Ikkoku
- He is entranced by her quirky outlook on life, which is bright and excessively carefree in contrast with his morbidity. - Harold and Maude
- Giles by contrast clearly recognises the danger, and resents being sent along to face it. - Farmer Giles of Ham
Meaning of "contrast" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "contrast" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "contrast" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "contrast"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word contrast below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.