How to use "covet" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "covet" in popular movie and book plots
- The covet mission led by HarikrishnaP. - Killing Veerappan
- The position of Dey of the city is precarious, as all pirates covet the position. - The Pirate City: An Algerine Tale
- Men who covet chellamma includes the landlord and Asarakannu Muthalali(Madhu), a rowdy. - Kallichellamma
- In a display of his superior wealth, a 22-year-old planter named Alfred outbids other potential buyers who covet her beauty. - Le Mulâtre
- Both Hussein and Ram Narain covet the gold, but their priority is escape. - Hussein, An Entertainment
- Shimmer realizes that this will now make him covet her dream pearl. - Dragon of the Lost Sea
- Subramanyam) covet the land belonging to Sombabu's parents. - Somberi
- The herb she eventually gets,leading her to a series of hectic confrontations with those who also covet the priceless medicine. - The Angry River
- He offers a final clue – "we covet what we see every day" – and demands to hear her worst memory. - The Silence of the Lambs (novel)
- The two neighbouring families share a very cordial relationship, although Nabin Roy does covet Gurucharan's mortgaged plot. - Parineeta
- Adam knows that his family cannot afford a chess computer, but he begins to covet the device. - The Computer That Said Steal Me
Meaning of "covet" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "covet" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "covet" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "covet"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word covet below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.