How to use "cruel" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "cruel" in popular movie and book plots
- In a cruel twist of fate, the person who perfected the synthesis was Dietrich Bauer. - Making History (novel)
- He manages to save several puppets from being burned by the cruel Lorenzini who accidentally sets the theater aflame. - The Adventures of Pinocchio (1996 film)
- She tells him that to have her, he must be as cruel and ruthless as she is. - The Stars My Destination
- Paule seizes any pretext for being cruel to her sons, and especially to Jean. - Viper in the Fist
- Chucky later kills the cruel camp barber Sergeant Botnick (Andrew Robinson) by slashing his neck with a razor. - Child's Play 3
- However, she fears her husband has too much good nature, and vows to be cruel for him. - Macbeth (1971 film)
- Guy and his ally, the cruel Raynald of Châtillon, attack a Saracen caravan, and Saladin advances on Raynald's castle Kerak in retaliation. - Kingdom of Heaven (film)
- If Paul were ever moved to be extremely cruel to her, the cruelest thing he could do. - Player Piano (novel)
- The cruel giant swallows the tiny boy like a pill. - Tom Thumb
- In the original 1960 edition, Tenma rejected Astro and sold him to a cruel circus owner, Hamegg (the Great Cacciatore in the '60 English dub). - Astro Boy
- Calling him cruel and vengeful, she leaves McLeod for good, not wanting to be "driven to a lunatic asylum". - Detective Story (1951 film)
- A childishly cruel white vigilante, Percy Grimm, follows him there and, over Hightower's protest, shoots and castrates Christmas. - Light in August
- Disoriented by the attention and the cruel remarks about her haggard appearance, Jane retreats back into her fog of delusion. - What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (novel)
- Many popular new works based on the story feature one step-sister who is not as cruel to Cinderella as the other. - Cinderella
- Spit is a bit malicious with a cruel streak and initially bullies the newcomer and takes his pocket change. - Dead End (1937 film)
- When Fantine arrives at Montfermeil, she leaves Cosette in the care of the Thénardiers, a corrupt innkeeper and his selfish, cruel wife. - Les Misérables
Meaning of "cruel" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "cruel" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "cruel" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "cruel"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word cruel below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.