How to use "curfew" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "curfew" in popular movie and book plots
- Going back to his own, Izzy meets his father, who sternly confronts him about missing his curfew and a practice match that day. - Jump In!
- Nene eventually decides to break curfew and "get some air", and he, Angel, and Cuervo go and enjoy themselves at a fair. - Burnt Money
- This was to avoid breaking the strict curfew imposed by the Nazis. - The Last Metro
- Police curfew is established in the immediate vicinity and only healthy people are selected for admittance to the underground bunkers. - Dead Man's Letters
- The situation worsens when Beth misses her curfew and her father shows up at the Harcourt home to look for her. - All Night (film)
- Vowing to keep the peace and clean up Santos, RNA’s first actions were to enact martial law and declare a curfew for all citizens. - Shadowrun (2007 video game)
- The officer pretends that the Jewish curfew of 8 pm has already passed, and sends the hapless Jacob to the police station. - Jacob the Liar
- Seattle has been placed on a curfew as the I Corporation round up the escapees from Manticore. - James Cameron's Dark Angel
- Tricia is reluctant to enter with the curfew set by her strict father, so Kaitlyn goes alone. - Rise: Blood Hunter
- There is a curfew on that night because the authorities are afraid that there will be riots. - Elizabeth Rex
- The night curfew begins and the other time-travellers retire to their rest quarters. - The Macra Terror
- Steven also stays with the Admiral to avoid the curfew in the city, as the Doctor has not returned to the tavern as arranged. - The Massacre of St Bartholomew's Eve
- With curfew approaching, they insist on taking Nyssa home with them. - Spare Parts (Doctor Who)
- At the Hales' urging, she enacts a curfew for sailors and forbids girls from swimming out to the ships. - Hawaii (1966 film)
- Despite a curfew and the establishment of a military quarantine, the scientists continue playing their sex games. - Invasion of the Bee Girls
- Due to rising crime, a government-initiated curfew is now in effect. - A Mind Forever Voyaging
Meaning of "curfew" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "curfew" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "curfew" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "curfew"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word curfew below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.