How to use "customary" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "customary" in popular movie and book plots
- There, among the lotus, he sees a beautiful woman bathing, fully clothed (as is customary in Thailand). - Ai-Fak
- He moves into the synagogue, as was often customary for poorer Talmudic students, and continues his studies. - The Rise of David Levinsky
- The mandarin begins his customary delaying stratagem, but the Minister sees through it and demands action immediately. - Equal Opportunities (Yes Minister)
- As the story begins, he is embarking on the customary final training cruise on the interstellar ship Carden. - Revolt on Alpha C
- Many characters' names are variations on the Aons, as is customary in this fantasy world. - Elantris
- Only when they are no longer on the Border Sea, but under it, does she resume her customary ways of speech and dress. - Drowned Wednesday
- At the victory feast in the palace, Obelix surmises that his fellow villagers might be having their customary banquet, this time without him. - Asterix and the Magic Carpet
- The plot unfolds with DeLillo's customary shifts of time, setting, and character. - Mao II
- He then eavesdrops and walks away without his customary limp, but is spotted by Angela (Anne Gillis),'s younger daughter. - The Cheaters (1945 film)
- John is executed that night but refuses the customary hood as he is afraid of the dark. - The Green Mile (film)
- The confrontation ends in their living room with Hank at gunpoint, lying on the carpet, and Sonny in Buck's customary chair. - Monster's Ball
- Though child marriages are customary during that time, Phoolan's mother Moola (Savitri Raekwar) objects to the timing of the match. - Bandit Queen
- The former Mennonite proposes marriage, but only if his wife learns to read so she can understand the Bible, as is customary among his people. - Centennial (miniseries)
- Lord Desham, who is attracted to Jody, uses his influence to arrange for the young man to marry his WREN fiancée without the customary delay. - To Each His Own (film)
- Searching for the girl, he returns to her customary street corner but does not find her. - City Lights
- It is also customary for loved ones and friends to eat the bodies of the dead, in a rite similar to Holy Communion. - Stranger in a Strange Land
Meaning of "customary" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "customary" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "customary" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "customary"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word customary below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.