How to use "day" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "day" in popular movie and book plots
- When the day arrives Mary leaves Penny to coordinate the Donolly wedding before she goes to the town hall to marry Massimo. - The Wedding Planner
- This parallels that of the man with his dream of judgment day in the House of the Interpreter of The Pilgrim's Progress. - The Great Divorce
- The next day at roll call, the guards find Andy's cell empty. - The Shawshank Redemption
- His father states, "One day I know I'm going to have to kill you". - The Big Country
- Watson has no proof that Barrymore was in Devon on the day of the chase in London. - The Hound of the Baskervilles
- He is attacked by his own cat one day while Louise is away on an errand, and winds up accidentally trapped in the basement of his home. - The Incredible Shrinking Man
- Despite their differences in social status, the group begins to form friendships (and even romantic relationships) as the day progresses. - The Breakfast Club
- Robert shows up for his first day as a cast member, and is accosted byW. - Meet the Feebles
- Queequeg, sweating all day below decks, develops a chill and soon is almost mortally feverish. - Moby-Dick
- However, on this day a handsome prince spies the beautiful Rapunzel and resolves to climb the tower himself. - Into the Woods
- It was the day before the men were called to war, Fort Sumter having been fired on two days earlier. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
- The creatures merge to become King Ghidorah, which then appears in present day Japan. - Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
- Ash briefly becomes possessed by the demon, but when day breaks the spirit is gone, and Ash returns to normal. - Evil Dead II
- Jeffrey wakes the next day at the same place and walks home, overcome with guilt and despair. - Blue Velvet (film)
- The penultimate title rhetorically asks: "Dare we dream of a golden day when the bestial War shall rule no more. - The Birth of a Nation
- Alex is convicted of murder and sentenced to 14 years in prison (Pete visiting one day informed him that Georgie has been killed). - A Clockwork Orange (novel)
Meaning of "day" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "day" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "day" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "day"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word day below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.