How to use "decline" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "decline" in popular movie and book plots
- Unfortunately his joie-de-vivre is mainly due to alcohol and she too becomes dependent on it starting a decline and fall. - Tchin-Tchin
- The "Team Zissou" venture has hit a decline however; having not released a successful documentary in nine years. - The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
- The story does establish one key element in the history of Cyador: the ultimate decline of the advanced technology of the Rationalists. - The Saga of Recluce
- This eventually lead to the sexual impotence of the planet's entire male population; a rapid decline in the birthrate soon followed. - Devil Girl from Mars
- As they make their journey, Quatermass speculates as to whether there is any connection between recent events and the decline in society. - Quatermass (TV serial and film)
- King Lorik starts to mourn the decline of his kingdom. - Dragon Quest (video game)
- Marcello also witnesses a fight between his parents that is later revealed to mark the beginning of his father’s decline into mental illness. - The Conformist
- His grand failure is that he lacks the conviction he believed to accompany greatness and continues his decline into madness. - Rodion Raskolnikov
- His social and physical decline corresponds to the decline of his idol Boullée, who until the 20th century was hardly known. - The Belly of an Architect
- Here, Duchess's loyalty to Madame prompts her to decline O'Malley's proposal of marriage. - The Aristocats
- The Empire itself has entered into an even more rapid phase of decline and civil wars. - Foundation and Empire
- Though the empire appears stable and powerful, it is slowly decaying in ways that parallel the decline of the Western Roman Empire. - Foundation (Isaac Asimov novel)
- The arson is agreed to very reluctantly by his partner (Jack Gilford), a stable family man who watches Harry's decline with alarm. - Save the Tiger
- Three days into the mission, the crew makes a television transmission, which the networks decline to broadcast live. - Apollo 13 (film)
- Bowling remembers the slow and painful decline of his father's seed business—resulting from the nearby establishment of corporate competition. - Coming Up for Air
- Ten years later, Helena and her nurse Nana are talking about current events—particularly the decline in human births. - R.U.R.
Meaning of "decline" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "decline" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "decline" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "decline"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word decline below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.