How to use "defensive" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "defensive" in popular movie and book plots
- Inside the besieged compound, the British ambassador gathers the beleaguered ambassadors into a defensive formation. - 55 Days at Peking
- Now trapped between their old and new enemies, the Bugs fight an increasingly desperate defensive war. - The Shiva Option
- Biggs' secretary, Beverly (Loretta Devine), becomes comically defensive and aggressive, believing Dudley is there to take her job. - The Preacher's Wife
- Called the "Battillac" (rhymes with "Cadillac"), it is outfitted with a sun roof and lots of defensive devices. - Batfink
- They are the only major species outside the control of the Mercatoria, being rumoured to possess devastating defensive weaponry. - The Algebraist
- The US team goes into a defensive mode as the Soviet team becomes increasingly aggressive to score in the final ten minutes. - Miracle (2004 film)
- Queen, brooding over her regrettable experiences, adopts a defensive and disagreeable attitude, which becomes obvious to everyone around her. - Alex Haley's Queen
- Data attempts to use the link to disable the Borg's weapons and defensive systems, but cannot, as they are protected by security protocols. - The Best of Both Worlds (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- The Doctor sends Gilmore and his men to establish a defensive position at the school. - Remembrance of the Daleks
- Furlong suddenly becomes defensive and attempts to infect them. - The Faculty
- The Ghosts spearhead a NATO assault on Moscow by cutting through a strong ultranationalist defensive line in the woods outside the capital. - Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (2001 video game)
- After a short defensive fight against Princess Emeraude, the Magic Knights have no choice but to kill her. - Magic Knight Rayearth
- The platoon is sent back to the front line to maintain defensive positions, where Taylor shares a foxhole with Francis. - Platoon (film)
- Arregui allows Molina to penetrate some of his defensive self and opens up. - Kiss of the Spider Woman (film)
- When he becomes frustrated, it is explained that these actions have helped him learn defensive blocks through muscle memory. - The Karate Kid
- Star One controls a large defensive barrier that has prevented extra-galactic incursions. - Blake's 7
Meaning of "defensive" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "defensive" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "defensive" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "defensive"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word defensive below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.